1. Getting to hang out in the media area and running into the singer from Cage The Elephant, Matthew Shultz, who wasn’t playing the festival but I did get to thank him for letting me use his image as my watermark…SO AWESOME!
2. Watching thousands of drunk people file out of the park due to a weather evacuation, it was a nice break and an excuse to drink more beer until the venue reopened 3 hours later.
3. Seeing At The Drive-In – unfortunately I was not blessed with a pass but after fighting through the crowd after Chili Peppers on Saturday night I was more than happy to just watch the show.
4. Making fun of a co-worker for freaking out over meeting Haley Reihart, I had no idea who she was…”I don’t listen to soft ass shit”.
5. Being covered in mud, grossed out because I was dirty and realizing I was too old for festivals as I watched kids in their 20’s willingly slide through the mud…I thought that died at Woodstock ’94.
With the festival being the capacity it was I only got to photograph a handful of bands. My slide show features acts such as Dry The River, The Head and The Heart, The Shins, The Weekend, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Gaslight Anthem, and Florence and the Machine. Lollapalooza was a blast and having this opportunity was amazing, thank you 105.7 the Point and thank you Perry Farrell! If you want to see more of my concert footage you can view more at this link: http://www.1057thepoint.com/PhotoPages/Photos.aspx?AlbumID=130043