- You must stay on the Canadian side and get a hotel with a view so you can wake up every morning to the sight of the Horseshoe Falls, most hotels are within waking distance of the path along the falls and it makes for an awesome pairing along with your morning cup of coffee.
- Do yourself a favor and walk past the visitors center for the Horseshoe Falls and discover the shut down Niagara Power Plant that once powered the town as well as the botanical gardens that are across the street from it. The Power Plant has no tour and the gardens are a minimal $5 charge for parking. (the first three images in my slide show are outside the botanical gardens and around the power plant)
- Ride the Maid of the Mist and do it on the Canadian side because you get so close to the base of the Horseshoe Falls that you feel like you are in the ocean experiencing a typhoon…the force is so great that at times you have to hold on to the railing!
- Pay the money and do the “Journey Behind the Falls”, you literally get to walk through a tunnel that is cut into the cliff behind the falls…unbelievably surreal.
- Walk across the bridge to the American side of the Falls and do their “Cave of the Winds” tour, you basically get to stand at bottom of the falls and get smacked in the face by awesomeness! (the last two images in my slide show are from the walk way you get to explore during the tour)
If you have kids, take the trip…if you have a significant other, take the trip…bottom line, take the trip! There is not much more that can be said in my opinion, this is a vacation that never disappoints.