- Having the opportunity to hear Jonathan Edwards sing two of his biggest hits “Sunshine” and “Shanty”, amazingly I had no idea these songs were his. I’m so very glad I heard them performed and the crowd went nuts for “Shanty”!
- Seeing a true group of musicians, Ozark Mountain Daredevils, who formed in Missouri. I was also surprisingly educated by their song catalog which included the crowd favorite “Jackie Blue”.
- Having a chance to enjoy an afternoon and talk music with a living rock ‘n’ roll encyclopedia and local radio icon, Radio Rich. His daughter, appropriately named Radio Rose, has learned well from him and together they offer some genuine perspective to the thing I love most…music!
- Listening to Michael Stanley whose band still had a good amount of punch giving them a pretty full sound which was unexpected and awesome to hear.
- Witnessing the frenzy over Sweetmeat which can only be compared to an adult version of how kids react to Mickey Mouse at Disney World or Fred Bird at a St. Louis Cardinals game.
If you are a classic rock fan you need to jam KSHE95 and you should also check out the KSHE Klassics show that happens every year at Veteran’s Memorial Amphitheater in JB Park. It is a great afternoon spent enjoying good music, good eats, and good drinks!