Last night was pretty awesome, to be honest other than the few songs I’ve caught on the radio I really was not familiar at all with Fitz and the Tantrums. Below are five things I learned quickly about the band:
- They consist of 6 members which filled the stage nicely.
- They have a rocking chick vocalist who is hard to stop watching on stage.
- Frontman Michael Fitzpatrick is as energetic on stage as he is tall, larger than life. I only point this out because most frontmen are no taller than an average woman.
- The musical style of the band is defiantly on the funkier side, and I dig it.
- The crowd was so packed into the venue that the photo pit was half the size it usually is, which means it was one hell of a sell out if not within single persons away from being one.
As a concert photographer you generally reach a point where for some shows you’re going through the motions, but last night was a good change of pace. In fact I left wanting to learn more about this band and pick up their records to see what gems were in store for me to discover.