This past Friday I covered the first of many KSHE HD2 sponsored shows at the Pageant, which just happened to be Mr. Todd Rundgren. I have to admit that before I went to the show I had no idea who he was or what he was known for, so in preparation of this post I did a little research…aka hit up Wikipedia. What I found out made me ashamed of myself because Mr. Rundgren has had a very successful career with hits that everyone has heard from one time or another. Below are 5 Facts I discovered about this artists life and career.
- Todd’s debut album Something/Anything was released in 1972, earned him a gold record, and produced such great hits as Hello It’s Me and I Saw The Light.
- Not only is he a successful musician, he is also a successful producer. A couple albums listed on his resume that caught my eye were Bat Out of Hell by Meatloaf and We’re An American Band by Grand Funk Railroad.
- This artist is also a multi-instrumentalist that can play the Guitar, Bass, Drums, Keyboards, Sax, and of course sing.
- He is responsible for the 1983 hit Bang The Drum All Day, who hasn’t jammed that song on a Friday on their way home from work?
- Todd’s now ex-wife had a child with Steven Tyler during a break in their relationship. This of course makes her the mother of Liv Tyler, and apparently his ex-wife didn’t want Liv around the crazy rock star life style that Steven Tyler was known for, and Todd signed Liv’s birth certificate because he knew Liv needed a father. That is just crazy! Liv and Todd are still close today and keep in touch.
Seriously this blew my mind and I completely have a greater respect for Todd Rungren. I’m thankful for the opportunity to have photographed him, also if you dig classic rock buy a HD Radio receiver and start jamming KSHE HD2. It’s programmed by Radio Rich Dalton so you know it’s awesome, Like KSHE HD2 on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kshe2hd