Last night was what 1057 The Point deemed as their “Big Summer Show” and the line up was packed. Featuring Panic At the Disco, 21 Pilots, Fitz and the Tantrums, Walk The Moon, and Magic Man. As you can tell the line up kind of had a little bit of something to offer everyone. They are in fact all great acts and they are all currently having a great deal of success. Below are a couple observations I had regarding each band.
- Magic Man – I unfortunately missed their set.
- Walk The Moon – They are a fresh band loving every minute of it and you can tell from their performance. They have a lot of energy and offer a very active live show, I’ll be giving them a listen soon.
- Fitz and the Tantrums – This makes the third time I’ve photographed this band and this time I was allowed to shoot the entire set! It was awesome and no matter if you are a fan of their record or not, you will enjoy seeing them live. It is truly music that you can groove to and their entire set is performed to encourage crowd participation!
- 21 Pilots – I can not say enough about the tremendous act this band is live. From dramatic lighting with a LED drum riser to the usual back flip off the piano, you can be assured that you will be actively entertained through this bands entire set.
- Panic At The Disco – I have also photographed this band three times, each in a different sized venue. The first time was at the Firebird, the second time was at The Pageant, and this time it was at Verizon Wireless Amphitheater. Each time one thing has been consistent, this band causes a frenzy with their fans. Every time there have been screaming girls that were almost crying, as well as countless other ones being pulled from the crowd due to being caught in the hysteria on the floor. It’s a special thing to witness this kind of reaction from a crowd.
Enjoy the pics and happy concert season, it’s my favorite time of year!!