September was crazy busy so I will be updating my blog with very summarized recounts of each show. The first to kick off my string of 5 shows was Die Antwoord, below are a few things that stuck with me after shooting this show.
- Even surpassing Rob Zombie or Marilyn Manson, this was the creepiest start to a show I had ever experienced. It was dark with ominous sounds that ominously eluding into the crowd. At times you didn’t know if you were at a Haunted House or getting ready for a reenactment of House of 1,000 Corpses.
- Apparently Die Antwoord’s favorite number is one, because they were flipping the bird to the audience throughout most of their first three songs. Although that could have been a hello to us photographers as well, either way it made for interesting shots and f**k you to Die Antwoord.
- Female vocalist Yolandi Visser has one of the most attractive shapes but I swear, that chick would eat us all alive. That’s not a sexual innuendo, I think she’d literally eat you.
- “Ninja”, the other half of Die Antwoord, loves taking his shirt off and by the second song it was like a watching a game of shirts vs. skins.
- Yolandi’s voice is so high it could be it’s own instrument.