I’ve photographed this band once before and they always rock that shit out! Below is a brief run down of the night.
- You’d think this Chicago based band was local from the amount of fans they have in St. Louis. The crowd was nuts and screamed along all the lyrics to every song!
- Thank you as well to Rise Against for letting us photogs have the entire show because you really need to capture the crowd in a few shots with the band to tell the true story of a Rise Against show.
- Many of my images came out soft and it was due to a rookie mistake. ALWAYS PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR FOCUS POINTS. I generally set mine to a single center focus point but at some time in the evening I mistakingly moved my toggle wheel to the far left and didn’t realize it in the frenzy, in the low lit conditions of a show. I will never forget to ever check this again.
- Guitarist Zach Blair is one springy dude and I’ll be damned if I didn’t miss capturing the jump shot every time he went airborne, he is so much fun to watch enjoy what he is doing on stage.
- Vocalist Tim Mcilrath has about one of the most expressive faces in rock music, he brings so much intensity on stage and does such an awesome job as a front man.