This show was a double threat for me. This was two awesome bands that I’ve always wanted to cover, The Whigs and Social Distortion! Below details some of the awesomeness both bands had to offer that evening.
- The Whigs hail from Athens, Georgia and are just a good old fashioned rock band. A three piece with bass, drums, and guitar…you don’t really need much more than that to rock!
- Vocalist Parker Gispert of The Whigs came out on stage wearing the American flag as a cape, which I found very rock star.
- Mike Ness of Social Distortion is and will always be a boss in the world of punk music, slaying rockabilly flavored solo’s on every song in their set!
- Social D’s cover of “Ball and Chain” never gets old.
- I had no idea Social D’s first album was released in 1983 and it’s awesome to see the band still has a devout following!