This show was the 2nd of 5 1057 The Point Ho Ho Shows scheduled this year and it came bringing the thunder in a surprisingly small package…I am referring to non-other than Meg Myers of course. She was actually the very first act of the night, in which she was followed by Vance Joy and then headlining act Alt-J. Here are many things I can say great about Meg Myers:
- Homegirl has the intensity of a lion! Her performance includes her jumping around, randomly yelling in agony, throwing her lovely locks around, and basically rocking the fuck out! That is what every great vocalist should do for a crowd.
- She plays an instrument, the bass, which is always good to see in a band with a lead vocalist.
- Her voice is powerful and it’s just amazing live.
- She is much more than looks, but damn she is freaking easy on the eyes.
- She engaged with the crowd and was enthused them throughout her entire set.
Pretty much the reason I wasn’t impressed by Alt-J and Vance Joy is because their sets were completely opposite from Meg Myers, the other two acts didn’t represent anything close to the list of good points I could point about about Meg’s set. Also Alt-J’s lighting can take a face plant and die a horrible death, they might as well have thrown that bastard in a closet and let us try to photograph him. It made the second and last time I will ever entertain the thought of shooting an Alt-J show, #fuckthat.