I generally go into a paragraph or so recanting my experience at a show, but for this one I thought I’d sum it up with 5 Things that made this such a special night for me:
- Photographing Counting Crows was definitely a bucket list show for me, I can’t begin to tell you enough about how much their music has meant to me over the years. Often when I was most defeating Adam Duritz came through with his melancholy latent lyrics that just melted my soul.
- I called the opening song in their set, it was “Round Here” and I was singing along the whole time when I was photographing them.
- Four songs in Counting Crows played “Colorblind” from the Cruel Intentions soundtrack, which I kind of find rare since it never appeared on an album.
- It was the last show of the season at Hollywood Casino Amphitheater and I was honored to cover the show, thanks again Speakers in Code!
- Counting Crows is the reason I wanted to photograph the show so badly but for goodness sake, Rob Thomas is a front-man like no other. Expressive, an extremely talented vocalist, and to my surprise a guitar player as well!
Enjoy the pics and cheers to next years stellar line up at Hollywood Casino Amphitheater!